Life is pretty hard right now, and so blogging is even harder. So I’m going to take part in an old style blog/livejournal/xanga survey, based on music because it’s been the only thing I’ve been able to absorb for the last four months.
First 20 songs on shuffle, and your favourite line/lyric from the song.
- Collide by Howie Day – “Don’t stop here, I lost my place, I’m close behind”
- Sweets for my Sweet by The Searchers – “Darling, I would chase that bright star nightly and try to steal it from the sky”
- He Mele no Lilo – The Lilo and Stitch soundtrack – “He Inoa No Kalani Kalakaua Kulele”
- Words of Love by The Beatles – “Words of love you whisper soft and true”
- My Eyes – The Doctor Horrible Soundtrack – “It’s plain to see, that evil inside of me is on the rise”
- Fallen in Love by McFly – “I wanna put it back together, cos it’s always better late than never”
- Newport Living by Deathcab for Cutie – “Just look at that social clique, do you really wanna be a part of it?”
- Between You and Me by The Ataris – “But everytime you hear this song you’ll know you made a mark on my heart and in my mind“
- If You Buy This Record Your Life Will Be Better by The Temperer featuring Maya – “If you buy this record your life will be better, if you buy, if you buy, if you buy.”
- I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles – “And when I touch you I feel happy inside”
- What’s The Story, Morning Glory? by Oasis – “Tomorrow never knows what it doesn’t know too soon.”
- Innuendo by Queen – “Just turn yourself into anything you think you could ever be”
- Then I Met You by The Proclaimers – It’s a tie between “Thought the song was sung and I could never sing another” and “And then one night I went to Morningside and you were waiting”
- Down and Out from The Bugsy Malone Soundtrack – “Lady luck’s a fickle bird, but a lady is allowed to change her mind”
- Meet You There by The Malloys – “Down the lanes that we used to take back home (oh oh), I’ll meet you there”
- Soak up the Sun by Sheryl Crow – “It’s not having what you want, it’s wanting what you’ve got”
- Trucker Hat by Bowling for Soup – “Nothing in the world could ever make me look as good when you fit me like you do”
- Cruel to be Kind (Originally by Nick Lowe, this version by Letters to Cleo – “Well I do my best to understand, dear, but you still mystify and I wanna know why”
- Letter from America by The Proclaimers – “But you know our sense of timing; we always wait too long”
- World of Our Own by The Seekers – “And I know you will find there’ll be peace of mind when we live in a world of our own”
Confession: I am clearly more of a romantic than I generally admit to being.